13 December 2006

6 "Weird" Things

I DON'T play these "tag, your it" things, but this one's for Tif-do (and her snazzy new do)...

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the '6 weird things about you.' People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state these rules clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog. I'm not so sure what the definition of weird is so here goes:

1: I can't smell bananas. I'd never liked bananas while growing up, but it wasn't until I was in the Army, that I learned why. They'd use banana scented oil to test the seal on our gas masks, and I was never able to smell it.. And if you think about it, bananas have very little taste, it's mostly a smell thing. Trust me, if you can't smell them, they just taste like mush....

2: I dream every night. Almost every time I go to sleep, really. Even if it's just for a few minutes..

3: I have 4 friends who are very important influences in my life. They are all quite different, but they all have one thing in common. I remember what they were wearing at the time we became friends..Be it 3, 4, 10, or even 24 years ago...

4: I don't do naked.. As soon as I get out of the shower, I get dressed. Even if I'm the only one living in my house.. I won't answer the phone or even a text message until I'm dressed.. And I can't sleep without at least a t-shirt, boxers, and socks on..

5: I have to have something on my feet. Even on days when I wear my sandals, as soon as they come off, the socks go on!!

6: I'm not at all afraid to die.. Not that I'm in any hurry to do so, and I absolutely do not want anyone else to, but I have no fear being dead.. Seems like a grand adventure / mystery to be solved to me...

And, (being that Dacheese is the only person who has listed 6 weird things and she didn't "tag" anyone) I'll tag LVH, Hayduke, Mrs Hayduke (whatever her name is on her new blog), purplelurple (whose blog I am unable to post comments on for some odd reason, so someone should let her know she's been tagged), Aunt K, and whoever else is reading this to make the 6th person...

9 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

Thanks for playing... you are wierd. You're awesome.

12/13/2006 2:40 PM

 
Blogger purplelurple said...

Wow I have been missing you wittyness. Glad to finally see a post from you again. I check everyday to see if you posted anything yet. I know you really dont know me alot but I enjoy reading your blog and I have read from the begining to the end of it finally. So I feel I have gotten to know you better just from that.
Thanks for bein you!!!

12/13/2006 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Briep said...

you are opposite of me..... NO SOCK EVER!!!!YUCKY!!!!!!! but I do not like being nakey either!

12/14/2006 5:16 PM

 
Blogger leaner said...

Creepy sock lover... I just don't know how your poor feet can handle being covered...

12/14/2006 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you not scared to die because you are sure there is something afterwards? If so do you mind me asking what?

The thing that scares me about dying is in case there isn't anything afterwards, and this life we have is all there is. That and not seeing the people I love anymore!

12/16/2006 2:06 PM

 
Blogger Joxer's Human said...

I don't mind at all that you ask, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't presume to have the answer..

I know many people who have various opinions of what comes next, all with reasons to support their varied beliefs.. However much I support their rights to have their beliefs, I can't say that I share them..

Do I believe there is something to come next? Yes.. Something.. Do I believe that the bonds of love transcend time? Definitely..

Will I find if disappointing if I die and there's nothing? Well, if there is, I won't know it. Right? Therefore, I don't see a point in wasting the time I have here and now worrying about it.

Besides, I've got other things to be afraid of.. Snakes, spiders, ghosts....

12/16/2006 3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smile!!!

What you say makes a lot of sense. This is something I am grappling with right now and you just helped to make it more "sensical" for me!

Thank you for being so wise.

12/16/2006 5:47 PM

 
Blogger abeNanna said...

Thanks for sharing your weirdness - you did forget that you can't admit to losing at Yahtzee ;^).

12/17/2006 6:13 PM

 
Blogger Joxer's Human said...

Well, Abenanna, I'd have to admit losing a Yahtzee game, IF I was ever to lose!! :)

12/18/2006 11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home