19 July 2008

Back Outside..

Now that my leg has finally stopped itching (it was a VERY long few weeks), I have been able to get my kayak out on the lakes.. Last weekend while CAT had stuff to do, I went over to Vancouver Lake. It was very warm (it got up to 90 that day) and the water was pretty choppy, so I gave up after going about 6 miles. I did see some great birds however, including a bald eagle.. Also, the views of Mt Hood and Mt St Helens were great that day..











Yesterday CAT and I got out on Lacamas Lake. We'd intended to do some fishing, but the water conditions have gotten really bad since I was last on that side of town, and there were only very small bass. Still, there were neat things to see and some great wildlife..














Today I really wanted to get out on the Columbia and try to catch a sturgeon, but CAT thinks this is a ridiculous idea so I'll have to work to convince him otherwise.. Sure, sturgeon are only considered "keepers" if they are between 42 and 60 inches , and they are caught with 40 to 100 lb test line (they can get to be 20 feet long and weigh over 1500 lbs), but think of the adventure it would be to hook one while in my kayak!! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

What great photos.
23 days woohoo!!!

7/21/2008 1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home