17 June 2006

Sad Day in the 'Couv

Last night I almost took myself out for a pizza.. Now I really wish I had.. My favorite pizza place burned..
-------------



A fire ladder sits outside Vancouver Pizza after a two-alarm fire was extinguished.



Two-alarm fire damages Vancouver Pizza

09:27 AM PDT on Saturday, June 17, 2006

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A two-alarm fire broke out Saturday morning at Vancouver Pizza in downtown Vancouver, causing substantial heat and smoke damage, firefighters said.

The fire was reported at about 2:15 a.m. Investigators say bleach fumes from dried towels helped spark a fire at The Vancouver Pizza Company at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning. A passer-by noticed the flames and called the fire department.


Firefighters say the fire spread to C. Roberts Hair Design nearby. Both are located on Main Street in Downtown Vancouver.


Crews called a second alarm after seeing lots of smoke pouring from the business, located at 22nd Avenue and Main Street.

The extra manpower helped firefighters put out the fire in a few minutes.


Investigators say the pizza restaurant suffered the most damage, an estimated $100,000. The salon faces about $3,000 in damages.

3 Comments:

Blogger TLC said...

Bummer! You'll have to make your own pizza now! I'm sure it won't compare to this place, if it's the place you sent me their menu!

6/17/2006 7:29 PM

 
Blogger Alex's Human said...

Yes, the place with all the different sauces, cheese, and toppings.. They expect to be closed for 6 weeks.. I'm so glad they're gonna re-build..

6/18/2006 12:22 AM

 
Blogger lvh said...

Okay - put that on the list of places to eat when G'ma and I come out. And don't forget to make a list as you are traveling south next weekend.

6/19/2006 11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home